We Help Preschoolers to Highschoolers!
Animation is engaging for all ages! The Social Express™ targets core deficit areas that stand in the way of school, social, and life success for children and young adults with social learning challenges.
Social Learning is a Challenge
Individuals with social learning challenges require direct instruction, with each facet of every skill broken down into small pieces.
The Social Express addresses these areas of need by providing a highly interactive and visual presentation and utilizing an additional component which allows for the generalization of skills outside of the teaching environment. The curriculum works on eight target skills.
- Conflict Resolution
- Coping Strategies
- Group Participation
- Attentive Listening
- Relationship Management
- Non-verbal Communication
Identifying Red Flags
Individuals with social learning challenges may exhibit any of the following:
- A lack of eye contact during conversations
- Inappropriate facial expressions for the situation
- The inability to interpret body language
- The inability to recognize appropriate physical space between themselves and others
- Making inappropriate noises
- The inability to understand sarcasm or use metaphors
- The inability to see another individual’s perspective
- The inability to let go of an argument
- The inability to stay on topic during a conversation
- Speaking in long monologues
- Interrupting others
- Difficulty initiating conversations
- Difficulty participating in peer groups
- Unawareness of social rules
- Limited or no understanding and inability to use slang, idioms, and inference