How Will Children Benefit Using The Social Express?
As a safe, controlled, and familiar learning environment, The Social Express provides an opportunity for users to become more socially competent and have successful social interactions.
Potential benefits include the ability to:
- Identify feelings in others
- Understand the importance of “eye contact” (thinking with your eyes) in order to figure out what to say or do in social situations
- Read non-verbal social cues
- Identify appropriate coping strategies
- Learn how to start conversations
- Learn how to be part of a group
- Learn about the hidden rules in social situations
- Sequence situations and infer what will come next
- Figure out what to talk about with friends
- Monitor when others are using appropriate social behaviors
- Learn about using figurative language (idioms) in conversation
- Stay on topic when having conversations
- Watch social situations unfold and see how behavior can have negative or positive consequences