We Help Preschoolers to Highschoolers!
Animation is engaging for all ages! The Social Express™ targets core deficit areas that stand in the way of school, social, and life success for children and young adults with social learning challenges.
Social Learning is a Challenge
Individuals with social learning challenges require direct instruction, with each facet of every skill broken down into small pieces.
The Social Express addresses these areas of need by providing a highly interactive and visual presentation and utilizing an additional component which allows for the generalization of skills outside of the teaching environment. The curriculum works on eight target skills.
● Conflict Resolution
● Coping Strategies
● Group Participation
● Attentive Listening
● Relationship Management
● Non-verbal Communication
Identifying Red Flags
Individuals with social learning challenges may exhibit any of the following:
● A lack of eye contact during conversations
● Inappropriate facial expressions for the situation
● The inability to interpret body language
● The inability to recognize appropriate physical space between themselves and others
● Making inappropriate noises
● The inability to understand sarcasm or use metaphors
● The inability to see another individual’s perspective
● The inability to let go of an argument
● The inability to stay on topic during a conversation
● Speaking in long monologues
● Interrupting others
● Difficulty initiating conversations
● Difficulty participating in peer groups
● Unawareness of social rules
● Limited or no understanding and inability to use slang, idioms, and inference